This is a guest post with some great clothing tips by Saisha Potts from Cafe La Moda.
|Jennifer Hudson is an apple shape, and makes the most out of her |
legs by wearing shorts and leggings with high heels.
Picture the scene: it’s 7am on a Saturday and you drag yourself from the warmth of your cosy bed into the freezing, dark cold for a jog around the park. When you get in you reach for a croissant...then you realise you’re on a diet. You put the croissant down and reach for a banana. Your idea of hell? Ours too. So forget the detox, the juice diet and the break-of-dawn runs
But with a few sneaky tips and tricks you can instantly look pounds lighter, so hunker down under that duvet and grab that second slice of cake as we let you in on the insider secrets to looking slimmer instantly. We won’t tell if you don’t…
1. The number 1, golden rule is to wear clothes that fit! It is a basic tenet of learning to dress yourself but it’s something many women seem to ignore. Embrace your size, ladies! No matter your size, if you wear clothes that are cut too small you will look way bigger than you are. If you’re a serial vanity sizer and dread the thought of going up a size, just cut out the label so no one sees!
2. Dress for your shape; highlighting your best asset will always make you look slimmer. If you’re an hourglass, cinch in that waist for a gorgeous silhouette. Apple-shaped? Make the most of your longer-than-long legs with skinny jeans and mini skirts. Pear-shaped ladies should opt for hip-skimming shapes and make the most of their teeny waist with belts and detail around the middle. Boyish? Make the most of your slim frame with short cut dresses and frills and embellishment.
3. Wear black - it’s a cliché because it’s true! Black visually slims you and disguises all those lumps and bumps you want to hide because it doesn’t reflect light like other colours. What’s more, wearing one colour head to toe will create a thinning effect by giving you a straight line without highlighting one particular area.
4.Play with proportions – clean lines will always make you look slimmer than bulky or uneven silhouettes. Think feminine tailoring (blazers, blouses, soft shirts) and slim-fitting trousers and longer length tops and cardigans that fall on or past the hips.
|Beyoncé is flashing her spanx underwear|
5. Wear the right underwear. Start with the perfect basics and you’ve built yourself a solid foundation for a slimming outfit. An ill-fitting bra is a sartorial crime that 80% of us British ladies commit daily, so go and get yourself fitted; you’ll look and feel slimmer and more supported instantly. Go for supportive knickers, too and reach for the Spanx if you need to. Well, if they’re good enough for famous Spanx-wearers Beyonce Knowles and Sienna Miller then it’s good enough for us!
6. And finally, got that one snap-happy friend? Turn partially sideways to the offending camera with one foot in front of the other and your weight firmly on your back foot. Pull your head forward to minimize the dreaded double-chin syndrome and hold your arms away from your body to make upper arms look slimmer. Shoulders back, stomach held in and chest forward – picture perfect!
Saisha Potts writes on behalf of www.cafelamoda.co.uk, the social fashion site. Compare the latest trends for men and women at Cafe La Moda by following the link.